“Whenever stepping foot in a classroom, it is important to keep three main points in mind: make it educational, make it relevant, and make it fun.”"
George Formicola joined the New Horizons team in 2019 as an Applications Instructor. He has been successfully teaching Microsoft applications in the Detroit area. George brings energy into the classroom and connects with the students to ensure for a positive, professional, and effective training.
George comes to New Horizons with experience in the foreign language classroom, teaching both Italian and English as a Second Language since 2011. Students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles have successfully taken his courses over the years and all appreciate his high energy, clarity, and most importantly patience. George understands that these three elements are essential to having a successful learning experience that continues beyond the classroom.
George graduated from Wayne State University where he earned a Master’s Degree in Italian Language. His additional experience includes developing both Virtual and Augmented Reality software for the foreign language classroom.
Certifications & Expertise
- Microsoft Office (2013, 2016, 2019)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Business Skills - Negotiation Skills
- Continuing Education and Professional Development Instructor, Schoolcraft College
- Professional Development Coach and Educator, Grosse Pointe Public Schools
- Professional Development Coach and Lecturer, University of Michigan
- Instructor, Italian-American Club of Livonia
- Wayne State University, Master’s Degree, Italian Language
- Wayne State University, Bachelor of Arts, Romance Languages (concentration Italian Language)
courses with George Formicola
No courses assigned to this instructor.