“The end goal is to have clients walk away with valuable skills, but it’s up to me as an instructor to facilitate that in the best possible way.”"
Monika Clarke has been an instructor since 2012 mainly working with adults in the classroom or online. She has worked with in higher education and with immigrant populations. Prior to joining New Horizons, she worked with laid-off learners to help them re-enter the workforce. Monika even spent a year abroad, during which time she traveled to offices so that CEOs and government officials could receive customized English lessons. One very unique position she held was working online with Japanese physicians to prepare them for the U.S. Medical License Exam through standardized patient scenarios.
Certifications & Expertise
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Office 365
- Business Skills
- ESL Adjunct for Philadelphia area community colleges and universities
- ESL Instructor at Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians, ELS Educational Services, The Language Company
- Immigration Coordinator at the National Institutes of Health
- Carnegie Mellon University, M.A. Applied Second Language Acquisition
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A. Journalism & B.A. International Studies
courses with Monika Clarke
No courses assigned to this instructor.